January 22-26, 2016- Save the date for the biggest design exhibit. Maison et Objet is the heart of all the passionate of deco. The Parisian international meeting dedicated to furniture and all its expressions. A rich and embracing space that present new trends for home and lifestyle.
Read our latest article: LENNY KRAVITZ AMAZING HOME IN MIAMI BEACH
Maison et Objet is like a holy land of design, you may encounter the purity of contemporary lines, the excellence of the great classical tradition, creativity and innovation. Buyers, architects decorators, designers they all meet in one place- Paris.
Maison et Objet offers a rich diversity of furniture’s and styles, ranging from classic, chic, to ultra contemporary, with more than 300 brands participating, its completely an existing experience.
With all the trade shows in the world, none quite compare to the thrill of heading to this collection of talent and innovation all in one place. It’s truly one of the great events in modern day Paris, staggering both in size and bewilderment of the unique treasures laid before you, new and creative and fresh each year.
A veritable wonderland of design with miles of eye candy from all over Europe, the venue is enormous and takes a minute to figure out.
Maison et Objet’s Designer of the Year 2014, Tom Dixon, was on fine form with some intriguing new launches. We loved the trivet and fruit bowl inspired by internal bone structure.
For those of you that don’t know, this is the equivalent of design week for home decor and furniture. We thought to share with you a sneak of few inspiration photos. We hope you enjoy!
Last but not least, we leave you some tips that every passionate of interior design should keep in mind when visiting the biggest fair of design and art. Read and make notes :
- Print out your badge at home and bring your ID and business card. It’s just good to have your passport or driver’s liscense with you at check in as they take this show super seriously and only want pros attending.
- Go around 10:00am to beat the crowded trains. Leave a little early for that same reason!
- You’re technically not allowed to take pics but it’s always good to have a camera since if you ask, many designers will let you shoot. Don’t take pictures without taking permission first! Ask and you’ll most likely receive!
- Strong Tote bag: You may pick one up at the show if someone is giving them away but it’s best to have something of your own to carry the literature and brochures from each vendor. You won’t be able to take anything out of the show until the last day. .
- Good shoes. I can’t even guesstimate how many miles of aisles there are in total. 100? 1000? Either way, dress for success and make sure your shoes are ones you love to cruise around in for hours.
- Travel light. If you don’t need to bring a coat, just wear the minimum cause the less you have to carry around with you the better. Dress is casually elegant.
For more information about Maison et Objet visit their website!
Are you curious to visit this tradeshow? Let us know on the comments below if you are going!
Source: Design Build Ideas